Episode 7 - Why Don't You Have a Boyfriend?
The Dig: A podcast about the politics of race, sexuality, class, and other things that matter.
Topics in this episode include:
- The female Cameron Carpenter.
- We’re funny.
- The moon is a planet.
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck is just...
- The goal of news organizations is to make money.
- The politics of gay dating.
- Why don’t you have a boyfriend?
- A bad date story.
- The privilege of being hot.
A Dig Extra:
The Politics of Gay Dating, The List.
- There are less of us.
- We grow up in an entirely an extremely hetero-centric world, we do not have the rituals, milestones, support, and precedence that straight people do.
- We are shamed for being gay our entire lives. So, before we can begin to love someone else, we have to learn to love and accept ourselves against all odds and without support.
- A whole generation of gay men fell in the AIDS epidemic. We have no role models, no precedent, nothing to show us what strong, healthy, long-term gay relationships look like.
- t's either pornstars and bathhouse-queens, or it's the heteronormative lifestyle. Love is luck and it’s exceptional, and no one talks about that.
Disclaimer: We know a lot but not everything. Let's Engage.
Subscribe to us on iTunes